Game Gen - Week 21

Nearly Finished My First Unreal Engine Game!

Here's a short video of the latest update to my 3D Wave Survival game, which I named Spellbound Siege!

We will have another official playtest next week so I can get any major bug fixes in before releasing this demo game to the public!




Updates Since Last Report:

  • Boss Spawn: Every 5 rounds, get ready for a new challenge! I've created a boss that spawns with sophisticated mechanics! It’s been a great learning experience designing a boss with varied attacks based on the player's distance. This addition brings a fresh layer of strategy to each playthrough.

  • Updated UI: I’ve overhauled the UI for a more cohesive and intuitive experience. Enhancements include a new how-to-play guide, additional options in the pause menu, and credits that roll at the end of the game. These updates should make navigation and gameplay smoother and more enjoyable.

  • Player Spell Switch: To spice up combat, players can now switch between two different spells, adding depth to how they tackle enemies. There’s also a new UI element that displays the currently active spell, keeping you informed and ready for action.

  • New Music:  I’ve composed new music to enrich the atmosphere and bring the game's world to life. This soundtrack aims to complement the visuals and enhance the overall gaming experience.

  • Intro Cutscene:  Using Unreal Engine 5, I ventured into creating cutscenes and crafted an introductory scene to set the stage for the adventure. This edition, complete with sound design, not only introduces the game's goals but also significantly boosts the overall aesthetic and mood.

I'm looking forward to the playtest next week, and also to update you all on how my 2D mobile game is turning out as well! 

Here are my goals for the next week:

- Bug fixes after the playtest. 
- Continue on the functionality of 2D game's trade mechanics. 
- Continue to create new art assets for 2D game's resources. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Gen - Week 19

Game Gen - Week 1

Game Gen - Week 4