Game Gen - Week 10

In the last few weeks overall, we have been continuing to improve the game's feel and mechanics and working on the player experience before continuing to add functionality. 

Here's a video overview of the changes I've made to my game:


Here are the main things I accomplished this week: 

Enhanced Map Aesthetics:
  • I've given the map a major facelift this week. Better lighting, updated textures, and adjusted scales really brought the scene to life. It feels more immersive now and easier on the eyes.
User Interface Overhaul::
  • The User Interface got a sleek, simplified redesign. It's cleaner and more intuitive, making it easier for players to navigate through the game options and controls. I still think I'd like to improve the look of my UI, in general, to create a more cohesive theme throughout the game. 
Dynamic Player Feedback: 
  • Added new text indicators that pop up to inform the player about key game events. Now, when you take damage, heal up, or replenish mana, colored text alerts make these changes clear and engaging.
New End-Game Scenario and Gameplay Mechanic:
  • I introduced a thrilling new end-game scenario. Enemies now have a mission to steal the player's magic spellbook. If they manage to escape to the portal with it, it's game over. This adds a fresh layer of tension and strategy to the gameplay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Gen - Week 1

Game Gen - Week 4

Game Gen - Week 2